Had Enough? Forums Black Lives Matter Black Lives Matter

Spread the love

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      admin77
      Keymaster
      Spread the love

I don’t agree with the all lives matter camp. The point is there is a particular problem with black lives matter so we are focusing on that issue. You don’t campaign for new cycle lanes but then focus your campaign on car drives rights too.

mr james
      Participant
      Spread the love

Yes but all lives DO matter, so why should we just stick to black lives matter? Can you explain that?

Chris Barfoot
      Keymaster
      Spread the love

The fault with the cyclist/driver analogy is that drivers ARE just as important as cyclists- because drivers must be watchful and accommodating, or cyclists can get hurt. A mutual respect is entirely relevant.

Black people are targeted by ‘some’ white folk and often other black folk too… We see it manifest in music culture, gang violence etc.

Here’s what I think- as long as we segregate black from white, white from black… distinguish each other by colour… we will always stand apart. Historically, identity- whether given or self-created- is born of culture and pain and expressionism and debate and bravery and cowardice and fear and anger…

Black lives matter… yes they do… but to trophy one skin colour above another is the same philosophy that led to enslavement in the first place. True equality doesn’t recognise colour or sexuality. It just gets on with the business of ‘being’. We will always be judged- but as human beings. We will one day be recognised – not for ‘type’ but for achievement or failure… as one people.

American gun culture must change- policing must change and criminal activities must cease- Impossible isn’t it? Why? Change any one thing from this little list and the other things change with it. Pick an ideal… and make it happen.

admin77
        Keymaster
        Spread the love

Yes, I am very concerned about US gun culture, how many more people have to die before they have some better safeguards. Preferably they should get rid of the guns completely.

Lord Barfy
      Participant
      Spread the love

Human nature is such that people will always need to protect themselves against those that seek to do harm.

Also- guns are power. Your opinion counts if you can back up the argument with the threat of a bullet.

Many people want a gun for home protection… I buy into that, if the weapon is securely stored. Guns in cars or on one’s person- I’m dubious… it’s easy to bring it into an argument or drunken foolish situation.

I think that anyone carrying a gun should know they run the risk of being shot and killed. That applied- I’m actually ok with it.

Home protection yes… recreational activities- (gun range) yes, of course (gun to be kept at said club).

But if you want to show off or be the big man and wield your piece… watch out- you’re likely going down pal…

admin77
        Keymaster
        Spread the love

Well those are convincing arguments, but the most powerful of all has to be surely. That if guns are outlawed for all US citizens, the death rate from gun crime will massively drop. So OK, you don’t have a gun, but you don’t need one as the other person doesn’t have a gun either.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.